Thursday, December 4, 2008

Holiday Gift Ideas

I honestly really hate holiday shopping, which is why Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday; you get all the perks of Christmas/Chanukah, but without the stress of buying things. I also really dislike gift idea lists; I find them all impersonal and expensive. I make $5 an hour, I cannot afford to buy that gold plated humidifier for my sister. And why would I want to? So I thought I would share with you the couple of gift idea lists that I've come across so far that are not entirely materially driven and of course follow the theme of Met Council and this blog, of alleviating poverty as much as we possibly can. I've given family members shares of llamas from Heifer Project on several occasions. In one recent study, 84% of people said they would prefer getting a gift that would benefit someone else. So lets give and feel extra good about it!
Things to get your friend serving in Ameri/Peace corps
, hip stuff from SocialVibe, Britt Bravo's list, soap and stuff, and a variety of gifty things.

No comments: