Wednesday, February 22, 2012

I ♥ Human Services

Recently, Met Council took part in Human Services Council’s Who Cares? I Do Campaign by having our clients make “I ♥ human services” valentines. We asked participants at our Senior Lunch Program, Mock Interview Workshop, and our Professional Networking Workshop to tell us why human services are important to them by filling in their hearts:

Our AmeriCorps Volunteer Coordinators beautifully compiled our favorites to display in the Met Council office for all the staff to appreciate. The results will become a part of the campaign’s 3,000 completed hearts from over 20 organizations. They colorfully illustrate the importance of our programming and the impact it has on our clients’ lives.

Here are some of the reasons why our clients love Met Council:

“I get to meet people who inspire me!”
“I have shelter and food for me and my daughter”
“You have helped me stay afloat during a tough time!”

Check out more compilations from other participating organizations here on the Who Cares? I Do Blog.

No comments: