Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Internship Success!


Serafina has been one of Met Council's beloved interns for the past four months, but soon she will have a NEW title as Junior Grant Writer. Here are her reflections on her time here. Congratulations, Serafina!


--------------------

I came to the Met Council as an intern in the Benefits Access Department. To be honest, I had an idea of what I was going to do, but I was pleasantly surprised by the many other ways in which I was able to contribute. There was the research I enjoyed doing, as well as many opportunities to get out and experience how the non-profit world works. I attended inter-organizational meetings, traveled out to Far Rockaway to experience learn about the JCCs, and sat in on outreach meetings with our Emily, the Outreach Supervisor. I even got to work with other departments, helping to compile information and learn about the inner workings of the Met Council.

I feel my time here was valued and appreciated through all of the ways in which I was encouraged to be productive. I’m very grateful to have been able to work with such amazing people in the Benefits Access and Public Policy departments. I will soon be starting a new position as a Junior Grant Writer and am looking forward to growing more and contributing to the mission of the Met Council!

--------------------



Are you looking to volunteer at Met Council while also gaining valuable experience? We offer internships in many of our departments and are in particular need of Accounting/Financial Management interns. Contact volunteer@metcouncil.org with your resume and what you are looking for. 

No comments: